Sunday, January 16, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts



This is all that was left after the brunch potluck I made these for...and this one got snatched up at my house soon after! I got this recipe from Vegetarian Times. It's a pretty good one, although I have some adjustments in method. If you want to add sprinkles to yours like I did, i found that one bottle of sprinkles did the trick. These ones are peppermint flavored, which was a nice little surprise (I didn't even know they were flavored until I tried a mess-up one!).

The link to the recipe is here. I doubled the recipe and still only got two dozen doughnuts out of it, instead of three dozen. But maybe I made mine too big? Not sure. Also, I doubled the glaze recipe too, but there was no need. I had LOTS of left-over glaze, and I laid it on pretty thick. I also didn't heat the glaze before-hand, just mixed it in a bowl and added a Tablespoon of extra soy milk to make it thinner, which worked out fine. I would suggest that you let the doughnuts cool completely before you glaze them, as they firm up considerably after cooling, making it easier for them to hold together when you dunk in the glaze.

Hope you enjoy these! They were quite a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment