Monday, May 23, 2011

Vegan Cinnamon Rolls



I've been meaning to make vegan cinnamon rolls for a long time, and I finally got around to it when I was invited to a brunch potluck. Now, this being a potluck and me having never made cinnamon rolls of any kind before, I used someone else's recipe just to get a feel for what I was doing. They turned out really amazingly (partly because there's almost a full pound of vegan butter in these!!!) but I don't think I would need to use any other recipe for cinnamon rolls. These were decadent and just the right texture. As a matter of fact, I'm all cinnamon rolled out from these because I ended up eating almost all of them! When I showed up at the potluck, I was the only one there because I had gotten the date wrong. I left a few with the future host, then hurried away, embarrassed at my faux pas, only to be left with almost an entire pan full of cinnamon rolls to split between me and my boyfriend!



We did our best to eat them before they went stale, but one tragically ended up in the trash. I don't think I'll be wanting cinnamon rolls again for a long time!

The picture above is what they look like after letting them sit in the fridge overnight for their second rise. The recipe I used can be found at Vegan Yum Yum, which is a fantastic recipe blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment